Compiled by County Councillor John Clare
The bit.ly links are shortened URLs; type them into your browser to go to the relevant webpages.
• DCC has been honoured for the support it gives to armed forces personnel: bit.ly/DCCafp
• DCC has set up a Scrutiny Group to review Skills in County Durham: bit.ly/DCCESskills
• Last chance to book – churches and faith groups are invited to attend the GAMP ‘Engaging with Faith Communities’ event, Friday 4 December, 10:30am-2pm at the Xcel Centre: email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01325 327441.
• www.durhamlocate.org.uk is the new DCC website listing a wide range of care and support services – see the video at: bit.ly/DCCLocate
• County Durham Emotional Wellbeing Network meeting, Thursday 3 December, 12.30-3.00pm at the Durham Leadership Centre, Enterprise Way, Spennymoor, DL16 6YP: bit.ly/CDEWNMDec15
• Is it snowing in Weardale? You can SEE the weather with DCC’s road weather station cameras: bit.ly/DCCweathercameras
• Time to sign up for next year’s Garden Waste collection service: bit.ly/DCCGWNov15
• Upcoming roadworks of which I am aware: bit.ly/Roadworks20Nov
• Cinderella panto is on at the Gala Theatre, Durham, 26 Nov-3 Jan (oh yes it is): www.galadurham.co.uk
• Free Gym weekend at Newton Aycliffe Leisure Centre, 28-30 November: bit.ly/NALCGym
• On 30 November you can swim for just 25p at Teesdale Leisure Centre (may be busy): bit.ly/DCCTLC25p
• Woodham Academy Christmas Fair, Saturday 12 December 10:30am: bit.ly/WAcXmas15
• The annual Christmas Community Concert organised by the Rotary Club is on Tuesday 15 December at 1pm in the Leisure Centre
• Friday 4 to Sunday 6 December is Durham City’s Traditional Christmas Festival: bit.ly/DurXmas15
• Sunday 6 December 10am is the Butterwick Hospice Santa Run: bit.ly/santarun2015
• Bewick Crescent and Peaseway GP Surgeries have won NHS Stop Smoking awards. There is a stop smoking clinic every Tuesday 3:30-5:30pm at Newton Aycliffe Youth and Community Centre – contact: 01207 523624 or 0800 011 3405
• CQC want to hear about experiences of maternity care – good or bad – for their January media campaign: email yours to email@example.com, and CQC will contact you to discuss next steps.
• Newton Aycliffe Police are consulting on changes to the PACT meetings – have your say: bit.ly/NAPACTsay