The £2.5 million appeal to buy two state-of-the-art MRI scanners for hospitals in Darlington and Bishop Auckland is to be given an eye-catching marketing logo – and it’s been designed and donated by a Newton Aycliffe company.
The colourful logo is the work of the design team at Newton Press and will be used by County Durham and Darlington NHS Trust as part of its campaign to replace scanning equipment that is now 18 years old.
Newton News Editor, Syd Howarth, said this week: “We are delighted to be playing a role in a project that will clearly benefit many people in this part of the world. We wish the local NHS appeal co-ordinators every success in their fund-raising efforts.”
The new magnetic resonance imaging scanners will put Darlington and Bishop Auckland at the top of the league in terms of technology that aids life-saving early diagnosis of conditions in such areas as cardiology and many types of cancers.
The advanced MRI technology of the new scanners will most likely be offered to patients outside our area and could generate an income to our Trust.
If you would like to make a donation to our MRI appeal or get involved:
• Visit the ‘justgiving’ website at www.justgiving.com/cddft
• Send a cheque to: Cashiers, Darlington Memorial Hospital, Hollyhurst Road, Darlington, DL3 6HX. Please make cheques payable to: Co Durham & Darlington NHS FT Charity.
• Pick up a donation envelope with more information, from one of our waiting areas or wards.
• Text SCAN02 £10 to 70070 to donate £10 to CDDFT.
• To discuss fundraising or for more information, ring 01325 743786 or email:
• Follow us on twitter:
• Find the charity on Facebook