U8’s – Faced a tricky match away to Norton & Stockton Blacks. In tough conditions and with players unavailable we had to dig deep and some excellent performances from the whole team saw us run out 3-1 winners with goals from Jason (2) and Lewis. Parker showed some excellent passing ability and Sam made important saves in goal with Cody and Rob strong in defence. MOTM Cody Barnes.
The Under 9’s travelled to play Middleton Rangers in a top of the table TJFA division 1 clash. Our opponents were the only team to have beaten us this season but that result was reversed with a fine 1-0 win. The goal was a cleverly worked free kick between Aaron and Charlie which Charlie thundered in to the net in the game’s only goal. The whole team performed exceptionally well with Harry, Aaron and Chloe all putting in a strong defensive effort at different stages. Charlie, Zack and Jake battled for every ball in midfield. Jacob was denied what would possibly have been goal of the season whilst Lucas always posed a threat up front.
U10’s played at home against Leven F.C. Both teams played some great football in the first half and were well matched, but it was Leven who scored to go 1-0 in the first half. Aycliffe never stopped working and were rewarded with a fantastic team goal to draw level. We had to fight hard to get the draw with the end result being 1-1. Both games throughout the season against this team have resulted in a 1-1 draw.
U13’s – made the short trip to play Spraire Lads in Darlo. We knew it was going to be tough as they are sat 2nd in the table, but having beat them last year, we knew 3 points could be a possibility or so we thought. Spraire were on top form, and we were being out played for the first time this season. We battled hard but they were a far better team than us on the day. We were 4-0 down at half time and although we improved second half, we couldn’t get near them. MOTM goes to our keeper Ethan Stoker, for a fantastic performance.
U14’s – 13th and last home game of the season against North Ormesby. The conditions were difficult with strong winds. In the first half we had the wind blowing at our backs, but failed to capitalise until the 23rd minute, when, after some good work, down the right we finally found the net. By the 26th minute we were 3-0 up, tearing Ormesby apart in a 5 minute spell. I was slightly concerned with the strength of the wind in the second half, but it wasn’t long before we scored again to make it 4. On 45 mins Ormesby pulled a goal back, but we scored again to restore the 4 goal advantage. The game ended 8-1 and pushed us to the top half of the table.
U16’s were away to Dormanstown FC who have lost all their games bar one which they drew. They have been beaten by double figures nearly every week so to still have 11 lads turning up every week knowing what to expect they are a credit to themselves and their club. The banter between themselves and our lads was great! The score was irrelevant and sharing it doesn’t seem right – all that matters is we got the 3 points. MOM was picked by the match official and he awarded it to Nathan Acuna Ocana.
U18’s – After a good performance against Gateshead we took on Hilda Park for the return fixture. They went ahead with a volley from 20 yards, but, not too long after, Fitzgerald Drew Aycliffe level. Hilda were strong, and scored a second, and third putting them 3-1. Taylor got Aycliffe back into the game when a goal kick missed everyone out and played Taylor through.
Hilda got a 4th before half time. Second half we didn’t start well with Hilda on the attack. They scored  2 more and then were awarded a second penalty. The game finished 9-4 to Hilda Park. The lads go again next week hoping for a better result.
U23’s faced another tough test at home against a decent Gateshead side. After last week’s great result we were looking to maintain the same high standards and raced ahead with Smith opening the scoring within 5 mins and Lupton adding a second with a great strike from the edge of the box.
The score remained 2-0 until 5 minutes before half time when Gateshead rallied. They were then awarded a penalty, however Williamson made a terrific save. Gateshead did score just before the half time whistle from a deflected shot. HT 2-1 to Aycliffe.
No changes at half time, and Howe coolly slotted the ball home to give Aycliffe a deserved 3-1 lead. Aycliffe now looked comfortable and Gateshead rarely troubled them in the second half, FT 3-1 to Aycliffe. MOM awarded to the industrious wing back Adam Smith.