Holiday Activities with Healthy Food – Easter 2020
Following a recommendation by the Poverty Action Steering Group, Durham County Council has allocated £10,000 to each Area Action Partnership for 2020. This money is to ensure that as many children and young people as possible have access to food, alongside enriching activities, in particular considering those children and young people who would normally receive a Free School Meal during Term Time.
In Phase One (Easter 2020), funding of £3,000 has been made available for the Great Aycliffe & Middridge Partnership (GAMP) area for a Holiday Activities with Healthy Food grants scheme. This fund will provide the opportunity for groups and organisations to apply for a small grant to help them deliver projects locally.
Aim of the Scheme
The scheme aims to support local community groups and organisations based in the GAMP area to deliver Holiday Activities with Healthy Food during the Easter 2020 school holidays.
How much can you apply for?
Applicants can apply for amounts between £250 – £999 and are limited to one per organisation.
Projects who are looking to apply for between £500 and £999 would be expected to deliver activities at multiple locations within the area and/or over several days during the holiday period.
Projects that apply to the Holiday Activities with Healthy Food Fund must meet the following criteria:
• the project must take place during the Easter 2020 school holidays (w/c 6 & 13 April)
• the beneficiaries of the project are from the GAMP area
• the project must not have already started
• applicants must provide a healthy snack, breakfast, lunch or tea as part of the activity that aims to meet Food Safety Requirements. If you need any further assistance on Food Safety Requirements, please contact Durham County Council’s Food Safety Team on 03000 261016 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• applicants must demonstrate how they will engage/target children, young people and families who are most in need
• GAMP AAP is fully credited in all publicity associated with the project
Who can apply?
Any not for profit organisations including:
• Voluntary and community sector organisations
• Statutory bodies, including DCC Services, Police, Fire and Health bodies
• Parish & Town Councils
• Schools and Colleges
• Church and faith-based groups who operate activities and services where there is wider community benefit
How to Apply
Please contact the GAMP team for an application form and guidance notes (telephone: 01325 327441 or email: email@example.com)
The closing date for applications is Sunday 16th February 2020.