The appeal to bring state of the art MRI scanners to Darlington Memorial and Bishop Auckland Hospitals has received a donation of £2,000 from members of the Sikh community in Darlington.
Mr Jagsher Singh Garcha from Darlington instigated the fundraising when he heard about the appeal, as he was keen to support his local hospital where his wife has received excellent care.
Mr Garcha explained, “We meet each Sunday at our Gurudawara and once I raised awareness of the appeal and asked for donations, they came in very quickly raising £2,000 in a few weeks. Several people each gave £100. I received a lot of help from my friend, Mr Atma Singh, and we’re delighted to support our local NHS services.
Professor Paul Keane, OBE, chairman of County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust and Pat Chambers, charity development manager, were invited to the Gurudawara to collect the donation. Professor Keane, said, “I was overwhelmed with the warmth of the welcome, the hospitality and generosity of the Sikh Community in Darlington. Knowing that so many families have contributed towards raising this phenomenal amount is very humbling. We are very grateful to the members of the Sikh Gurdwara and their most generous donation.”
If you would like to make a donation to the MRI appeal, or get involved:
• BACS payment to Nat West Sort Code 60-70-80 Acct 10011056 – please email email@example.com to let us know about your donation and so we can say thank you.
• Visit the County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust Charity ‘justgiving’ website at: https://www.justgiving.com/cddft – ideal way to donate and gift aid your donation
• Send a cheque to: Cashiers, Darlington Memorial Hospital, Hollyhurst Road, Darlington, DL3 6HX. Please make cheques payable to: Co Durham & Darlington NHS FT Charity.
• Pick up a donation envelope with more information, from one of our waiting areas or wards.
• Text SCAN02 £2 or other amount to 70070 to donate to CDDFT Charity.
• To discuss fundraising or for more information, ring 01325 743786 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Follow us on twitter: @CDDFTCharity
• Find the charity on Facebook
Received by the Newton News. If you have a story that we may be interested in, please send to email@example.com