No Council meeting reports, but lots of community news and things to do. Please complete the consultation and remember your local foodbank this Christmas. Further details and links on my blog at: bit.ly/CNB612
COUNCIL AND COMMUNITY
• DCC Consultation: the provision of pharmaceutical services in County Durham.
• Universal Credit Rollout – update.
• Dealing with homelessness in County Durham, especially now winter is here.
• Did you do anything for ‘Small Business Saturday’ – it’s never too late to support small local shops and businesses.
• As part of its support for small businesses, DCC is offering free parking in its car parks after 3pm, every day in December.
• Ron Hogg is working with Stop Loan Sharks to support victims and to promote the Credit Unions as a safer way to borrow.
• Healthwatch County Durham – December newsletter.
• Christmas Countryside Newsletter from DCC.
• Foodbank Shopping List – please help this Christmas.
• It is time to stop driving and parking on the grass.
• Latest local roadworks.
THINGS TO DO NEXT WEEK
• Newton Aycliffe Community Carol Service at the Leisure Centre, 4pm, Tuesday 12 December.
• Christmas Around The World (5-11s), Durham Oriental Museum, drop-in 1-3pm, Saturday 16 December.
• Carols for Families at Durham Cathedral, 3:30pm, Saturday 16 December.
• Have you been to see Tim Peake’s spacecraft and VR exhibition at the Locomotion Museum Shildon, 10am-4pm until 15 January.
• Mrs Claus’s Kitchen (under 5s) is at the Gala Theatre Durham until 30 December, £6.50+ (almost sold out).
• Families who share their surname Robinson with ‘Robinson’ Crusoe are eligible for reduced-price tickets at the Gala pantomime (almost sold out).