A significant Environment Scrutiny meeting, a town council appeal, a Middridge Parish Council achievement, two important NHS consultations, and good news on plastics, Aycliffe Business Park and the Newton Press … along with ideas of things to do next weekend and the latest on POLITICAL / Aycliffe Radio.
Find out more about all the following on my blog at: bit.ly/CNB132
COUNCIL AND COMMUNITY NEWS
• DCC Environment Scrutiny meeting, Friday 4 October (Climate Emergency consultation, SUPs update).
• Don’t say Climate Change, say Pollution.
• DCC’s SUP efforts have been awarded best waste prevention project.
• Winter opening hours at Heighington Lane Household Waste Recycling Centre will be 9am to 3:30pm until the end of March.
• Great Aycliffe Town Council: Santa needs THREE flat back, 3 seater vehicles to enable his Christmas Eve Santa Tours to go ahead – please contact [email protected]
• Middridge Parish Council: New streetlights for Walker’s Lane will be installed 15-20th October.
• The NHS has launched public consultations on ‘Stroke Rehabilitation Services’ and ‘Ward 6 Bishop Auckland’.
• A ‘The Pharmacy is for Everyone’ campaign to make pharmacies “the first port of call” has been launched.
• Friends of the S&DR meeting, Thursday 3 October.
• Aycliffe Business Park is booming at the moment (with good news from Finley, Stiller, and the EMCON 2019 exhibition).
• Well done Newton Press, shortlisted for the ‘Made in the North East’ Awards 2019.
• The North East is one of the most welcoming regions to Syrian refugees.
THINGS TO DO
• Durham Book Festival, 5-13 October.
• Norman Cornish exhibition, Greenfield Arts, 10 October-11 December.
• Guided walk ‘From Romans to Railways in the Gaunless Valley’ (5hrs / 7.5 miles) – meet 10am Wednesday 16 October behind Hollands Tractors at St Helen Auckland, DL14 9AX, £4.
• ‘Go Guerilla Girls’ protest artists (5-11s), Palace Green Library Durham, drop-in 1-3pm, 19-20 October, FREE.
• The guest on POLITICAL / Aycliffe Radio, 6-7pm, Sunday 13 October will be Phil Wilson MP: bit.ly/ARLIVE