Consultations on Climate Change and Roadworks (if you have not already responded), plus some thought-provoking issues to consider.
Find out more about all the following on my blog at: bit.ly/CNB131
COUNCIL AND COMMUNITY NEWS
• DCC Climate Emergency consultation.
• DCC Street Work Permit Scheme consultation.
• DCC head-lease enables £5 million Station Place development on Aycliffe Business Park.
• DEI Annual Research Symposium, Wednesday 25 September.
• Durham University to lead £1million research project into hydrogen-fuelled transport.
• Aycliffe Anti-Social Behaviour Group, Thursday 26 September.
• On 27 September, the Friends of the S&DR celebrated the 194th Anniversary of the Stockton & Darlington Railway.
• Brightwater River Skerne launch event, Monday 30 September.
• Healthwatch County Durham October newsletter (including: Mental health and the journey to parenthood; Public consultation for stroke rehabilitation services; Ward 6 Bishop Auckland General Hospital; Could you be a “Sighted Guide”?).
• Ron Hogg has opened up a debate on assisted dying.
• Event: Modern Day Slavery & Human Trafficking, Woodham Golf Club, Friday 18 October – 12:30pm FREE afternoon presentation; 6pm evening meal and presentation, £25. Phone 07783 539167.
THINGS TO DO
• Durham Book Festival, 5-13 October.
• October History Walk, Durham Cathedral, meet 10:30am Saturday 12 October, Adults £5, Children free.
• Wildlife Watch (4-11s), Low Barns Nature Reserve, 10am-noon Saturday 12 October, £1, phone 01388 718606 to book.
• Indian herbs & spices (5-11s), Durham Oriental Museum, drop-in 1-3pm Saturday 12 October, FREE.
• The ‘Big Story’ on POLITICAL / Aycliffe Radio, 6-7:30pm, Sunday 6 October will be ‘The Conservative Party Conference’: bit.ly/ARLIVE