Compiled by County Councillor John Clare
Some important Council meetings, two votes-for-local-causes, crime warnings, a learning opportunity … and amazing things to do next weekend. More about all the following on my blog at: bit.ly/CNB2510 .
• DCC Cabinet Meeting, Wednesday 18 October.
• DCC Environment Scrutiny Meeting, Monday 23 October.
• DCC Economy Scrutiny Meeting, Tuesday 24 October.
• Town Council Environment and Recreation Meetings, Wednesday 18 October.
• Latest local roadworks information.
• Vote for Hardwick as UK’s best park.
• Vote for Durham Clothing Bank’s funding bid.
• Watch Out – Burglars About.
• Neighbourhood Watch Newsletter.
• PCP win national award.
• Congratulations, Athena Gymnastics.
• DCC Adult Learning Computer Course, Newton Aycliffe Youth & Community Centre, 9.30-11.30am, starts Monday 30 October, FREE – phone 03000 266115.
• St Oswalds Preschool places available now or waiting list for next year. To visit or for more information – phone 07968 379009.
THINGS TO DO
• Exhibition: Folklore and Fairy Tales from Northern Britain, Palace Green Library, until February 2018; includes double lecture, 6-7.45pm, Thursday 2 November.
• Aycliffe Bus Preservation Society display, Locomotion Museum, 10am-5pm, 2-9 November.
• Wildlife Watch (5-11s), Low Barns Nature Reserve, 10am-12 noon, Saturday 4 November – phone 0191 584 3112.
• Family den building (age 6+), Hardwick Park, 10-11.30am or 1-2.30pm, Saturday 4 November, £10 – phone 03000 262899.
• The Ancient Indus Valley people (5-11s), Durham Oriental Museum, drop in 1-3pm, Saturday 4 November.