An amazing week – some important meetings, a 192nd birthday, a rising star … and some interesting things-to-do. Read about all the following on my blog at: bit.ly/CNB279
COUNCIL AND COMMUNITY
• DCC Economy Scrutiny Committee, Tuesday 26 September.
• DCC Consultation. Short Breaks For Parents/Carers of Children and Young People with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities.
• DCC Labour Group meeting to discuss next year’s budget.
• Living independently – get help at home.
• Fantastic news on Chapter Homes broadband.
• GAMP Board meeting, Tuesday 26 September.
• Newton Aycliffe teenager Owen Dickinson hit the political highlights this week.
• Aycliffe Business Park networking event celebrates second birthday.
• 192nd Anniversary Celebrations of the Stockton & Darlington Railway.
• Horndale Infants School is leading a savings revolution.
• Car parking changes in Durham City.
• Latest local roadworks information.
THINGS TO DO NEXT WEEKEND
• Singing Kids of Africa, coming to the Mormon Church, 7pm, Friday 6 October.
• Durham Book Festival, 7-15 October.
• Historic Durham Tour, meet at Palace Green Library, 12.30 and 14.30, Saturday 7 October.
• Wildlife Watch (5-11s), Low Barns Nature Reserve, 10am-noon, Saturday 7 October.
• West Asia Window (5-11s), Durham Oriental Museum, drop in 1-3pm, Saturday, 7 October.
• Shildon Model Railway Club Exhibition, Locomotion Museum Shildon, 10am-5pm, 7-8 October.