Don’t forget to vote in the local elections on Thursday 4 May, and there are also some thought-provoking facts, interesting newsletters, and enjoyable events.
Internet links to the articles below are at: bit.ly/CNB264
• How to vote at a polling station.
• Latest roadworks.
• Alarming population figures.
• Latest local unemployment figures.
• This is Durham newsletter.
• S&DR newsletter – ‘The Globe’.
• County Durham on BBC Countryfile.
• Antimonies – exhibition by Helen Winthorpe Kendrick at Greenfield Arts, 4-31 May
• Only in England – photos of 1960s, Bowes Museum until 7 May.
• May Day celebrations at Beamish
. • Non-native invaders & family Himalayan Balsam-bashing at Low Barns, 10am-noon, Saturday 6 May.
• Japanese Children’s Day (5-11s), Durham Oriental Museum, 1-3pm, Saturday 6 May.
• Brusselton Wood guided walk (7½ miles), leader Ian Gray – start Locomotion Car Park ‘A’ off Redworth Road, 11am, Sunday 7 May