Compiled by County Councillor John Clare
The bit.ly links are shortened weblinks; type them into your browser to go to the relevant webpages.
• From 1 October DCC are changing the prices at their Leisure Centres so that fees and charges are standardised across the county: bit.ly/DCCPrices
• Landlords must fit smoke and carbon monoxide alarms by 1 Oct: goo.gl/K7U06L
• Bluebell Subway will be closed for 4 weeks from 28 September for structural maintenance works.
• Wednesday’s DCC Cabinet meeting was very important: bit.ly/DCCCabinetSep15
• In August the number of people claiming out of work benefits in the County was 12.9% (cf England 9.6%). South Durham area had the second highest worklessness rate in the County with 15.2% working age people classed as workless (17.9%).
• Upcoming roadworks of which I am aware: bit.ly/Roadworks19Sep
• Great Aycliffe Neighbourhood Plan consultation drop-in event – Thursday 1st October 4.30pm – 7.00pm at the Newton Aycliffe Youth Centre
• There is a ‘stopping up order’ for the bridge in West Park to the rear of Whinlatter – comments to Cllrs Eddy Adam or Kate Hopper by 2nd October.
• 3 October 10am-4pm, County Hall, Durham: Fostering Information Session – find out what it’s like to be a foster carer with Durham County Council.
Thursday 1 October 10:30am-2:30pm is Celebrating Older People Day at Newton Aycliffe Youth & Community Centre: 03000 265442.
• DLI Museum: ‘Call Up The Men’ exhibition ends 4 October, www.durham.gov.uk/dli
• North Pennines Walking Festival, 26 September to 4 October: http://bit.ly/NPWalkFest